Education - B.A.M.S & Yog Pandit
Dr. Kshitija Jujam holds a degree in Ayurvedic Medical Sciences (B.A.M.S.) from Pune University and has graduated in Sanskrit from T.M.V. Pune. While still in school she started her training in Yoga from Yog Vidya Dham, Nasik, under the guidance of Guru Vishwas Mandlik and his wife Pournimatai Mandlik. Having completed all the levels, she got the “Yog Pandit” degree at the age of 25. Dr. Kshitija then got more mastery and perfection in the B.K.S. Iyengar Institute under the guidance of Iyengar Guruji, Geetatai and Prashant Sir. She is an ardent follower of Vipassana Meditation.
For more information on Vipassana Meditation visit http://www.vridhamma.org/
Journey - Yoga Teacher
At the young age of 18, Dr. Kshitija started helping her parents Chitra and Ravindranath Sonaikar in conducting their Yoga classes. From 1992 she started taking independent classes and treating patients with Ayurvedic medicines, Panchakarma and Yoga therapy in Pimpri-Chinchwad area of Pune.
While in Nairobi (Kenya) she conducted Yoga classes and treated various kinds of patients from 1996 to 1999.
In 2000 she accepted the post of Yoga Teacher at NIN (National Institute of Naturopathy, Ministry of Health, Government of India). She soon became the pioneer Yoga teacher in NIN taking four batches daily with 50-60 students in each batch.
During her short stay in New Zealand she conducted Yoga classes in Auckland.
From September 2001 she started taking classes in Camp, NIBM, Kondhwa areas of Pune.
- She conducted a number of workshops on Knee pain, Back pain, Heart diseases, Diabetes, Meditation, Pranayam, Stress management, in many institutes, companies and schools in and around Pune.
- In 2008, Dr. Kshitija visited Ukraine to conduct Yoga classes and introduce the concept of Yoga as a therapy in the treatment of various diseases. She treated many patients of spondylosis, slipped disc, sciatica, osteo and rheumatoid arthritis , asthma, hypertension, heart diseases, diabetes, insomnia, indigestion, menstrual disorders and infertility with Yoga therapy and Ayurvedic medicines.
- Within 10 years there was a tremendous growth of students, batches, programs and workshops.
- In March 2010 all batches and activities were covered under an official registered centre named “Kshitij Centre of Yog and Ayurved”.
- On the auspicious day of Gurupournima on 24th July 2010 we shifted to our own premises in Salunke Vihar Road providing all maximum facilities to students and patients.
- The centre is run with the help of 4 teachers in 8 batches having special batches for children, patients, pregnant ladies and teacher’s training programme.